Published April 25, 2017 13:58
Interested in a Career in Child and Youth Work?
The YRAW program is a full-time, 9-month Red River College certificate program that provides skills and training to deliver positive recreational opportunities for children and youth. Students gain life and academic experience to be mentors, facilitators and role models in their communities.
The program is 30 hrs/week from September 2017 - June 2018, which includes 300 hrs of hands-on work experience. Credits in this program are fully transferable towards the two-year Child and Youth Care Diploma at RRC.
Fees, tuition and books are fully covered, and students also receive a bi-weekly participant incentive.
*You must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 29 Live in the inner-city or surrounding areas
- Fluent in English
- Eager, motivated and available to attend classes full-time, Monday-Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Available for weekday evening practicum placements
- Willing to obtain a criminal record and child abuse registry check
- Have previous experience working with children or youth
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Deadline for Applications: Friday, July 28, 2017
Mandatory information sessions will be announced Spring 2017
For more information, contact us at (204)-982-4943 or (204)-982-4948